27 January, 2008

Bikes and Re-focusing

Today I got my bike back together with help from one of the guys in the house. It was really, really easy and I'm glad I didn't pay for it. Well, I paid for a set of allen keys, but they will be useful more than just this once. My bike was designed to come apart easily and be put back together easily. The seat just pops off and on, same for the front wheel. The pedals screw on, don't even need a screwdriver. The only bit that required real attention was the handlebars, and oooh scary, I had to tighten three bolts. I love my bike. Now I just need to make sure the tire (tyre?) pressure is good, and buy a helmet. I think I've found the local equivalent of a Canadian Tire.

Today I also did the final editing of the paper I delivered back in November, with all the last-minute changes. It was good to re-focus on what I want to do. My advisors thought I was a little too focused, when we met on Wednesday, but I'm not sure. I think there's a huge wealth of material out there, but I'm just not that interested in literary studies. I don't know the answers, but I have a very clear idea of what my questions are.

No comments: