I'm at work, and I'm stone bored. I'm probably going to end up posting a few posts to get this going.
Pros about the University of York:
* strong interdisciplinary focus
* very pretty campus
* they accepted me
* highest "duck density" of any school in the UK (ducks + chasing = excellent stress relief)
* very cyclist friendly city
* year-round above freezing temperatures
* manuscript libraries nearby
* won't be able to drive at all
* year-round rain
* don't know anyone
* will miss all my friends and family
* very expensive
The friends-and-family bit is going to be the hardest thing for me, but as you can see, there is a lot of good things about the UofYork. Thankfully, the dollar-to-pound exchange is very good right now.